Career Development - Paid opportunity with DCD x ZooNation
We’ve teamed up with Dancers’ Career Development (DCD) to provide a paid opportunity for freelance Hip Hop dancers who wish to explore different career options beyond the stage. Successful applicants will gain financial assistance, mentoring and coaching towards exploring options to support their career beyond the stage.
Apply by 5pm Monday 20th September 2021
Criteria for applicants
All applicants must have at least 6 years’ experience of performing Hip Hop work in a professional and paid capacity within the UK. Applicants must demonstrate that they have been professionally contracted as a Hip Hop dancer consistently for at least a period of 6 years. Teaching experience will be recognised but the onus for applicant is to demonstrate (through their CV) that they have been primarily employed as a dancer (across a variety of context including, but not limited to, stage, tv, film, festivals, exhibition battles and wins etc…) in a performance capacity.
We are not inviting applications from Hip Hop dance artists wishing to develop their artistic work/choreographic skills. This is not an artist development scheme.
This programme is for Hip Hop artists wishing to invest time on personal development, work with a mentor and explore a different career.
We welcome applications that reflect the diversity of society especially individuals currently underrepresented in the arts.
For this opportunity ZooNation and Dancers’ Career Development will be prioritising applications from:
• Dancers identifying as female
• Dancers who have experienced racism as a barrier to their professional development
Successful applicants will:
• Receive a grant of up to £2000 to be used towards retraining or exploring a different career
• Attend a group coaching session led by DCD Director of Coaching Isabel Mortimer designed to offer the dancers a safe space to reflect on their career journeys to date and take positive action moving forward.
• Be part of a DCD’s Beyond Dance Mentoring Programme, powered by Moving Ahead, designed to give dance artists the opportunity to create connections and networks outside of the dance sector.
• Be invited to attend DCD’s REACH Ambassador programme for a year.
ZooNation: The Kate Prince Company is committed to supporting young people and those wishing to pursue a career in dance and the performing arts.
We receive a high number of requests for work placements and shadowing opportunities and are currently unable to accommodate all these requests. Therefore we are limiting work placements to a maximum of 3 per year covering our production, learning and administration areas of work with a focus on supporting people who are facing barriers to engaging with or working in the arts.
If you would like to be considered for a work experience opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Together with our exceptional artists, Momentwm will provide the perfect platform for aspiring dancers to realise and develop their talent””
“We can't wait to get started! ”