Applications are now closed for the 2022-23 company
- Aged between 10–20 years old on the audition date
- Able to attend compulsory Saturday training sessions 10am – 6pm in London, during term time.
- Available to attend additional rehearsals as required for performances (These may take place on weeknights and during the holidays)
- ZooNation Youth Company Members 2022 must be available for all rehearsal and performance dates for Mixtape – Celebrating 20 years of ZooNation: The Kate Prince Company.
- Saturdays 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th September and 1st October 10:00am–6.00pm* in East London.
*Regular training Saturdays with ZYC followed by ZAD will resume on 15th October. Rehearsal and performance dates 4th – 8th October in Central London. Please see information sheet for more details.
What we are looking for
• A high level of dance skill and ability in the following styles; Locking, Popping, House, Breaking and picking up choreography and the ability to execute this at a high standard.
• Ability to freestyle
• A commitment to improving your skills and working with a professional attitude
• A willingness to work as part of a company and as an individual
How to apply
Audition Information – please read carefully before applying.
Please send any questions regarding auditions to email@example.com with the subject heading ZYC Auditions.
Fees and further information
Registration and audition fee: Free
Successful applicants are asked to commit to weekly training with ZooNation Youth Company (ZYC) and ZooNation Academy of Dance (ZAD) for the one year programme.
ZYC Saturday sessions, 10am – 1pm or 11am – 2pm, London
ZYC training deposit: £30 per term (refundable subject to attendance conditions)
ZYC training fee: £100 (for the one year programme)
ZAD Saturday sessions, 3-6pm, Islington, London
ZAD fees apply.
2021/22 fees: £218 per term*
Autumn term will be discounted to £150 to account for missed sessions for Mixtape rehearsals.
*Subject to annual change
Please note that ZooNation Youth Company is a subsidised training programme. We are passionate about supporting young people and those wishing to pursue a career in dance. As such scholarships are available, please inform us at the time of submitting your application form to audition if you would like to apply for a scholarship to help cover training fee costs.